Nectarine and plum compote
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 20 mins
$1.53 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 nectarines, stones removed, sliced
- 6 plums, stones removed, sliced
- 225ml orange juice
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sugar apricot jam
- 2–3 teaspoons cornflour
- 4 scoops low-fat vanilla ice-cream (1 1/2 cups total)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place fruit, juice, ginger and jam into a saucepan.
Step 2 Cook over low heat until jam becomes liquid and fruits soften, about 15 minutes.
Step 3 Mix cornflour with 3 tablespoons of jam mixture in a small bowl, to form a paste. Return paste to pan and stir, until mixture thickens. Divide compote between dishes and serve with a scoop of low-fat vanilla ice-cream.
Vary the compote thickness by adding more or less cornflour.
About this recipe
First published: December 2010