Spicy vegie pilaf
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 15 mins
$5.90 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1–1 1/2 tablespoons hot Indian curry paste
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 1/4 cups basmati rice
- 1 cup reduced-salt vegie stock
- 500g packet frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup small fresh flat-leaf parsley
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat a large oiled saucepan over medium-high heat. Add curry paste, chickpeas and rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until fragrant.
Step 2 Add stock and 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover. Simmer for 10–12 minutes, until rice is almost tender, adding vegetables halfway through cooking time. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in spinach leaves. Scatter with parsley.
Cannellini or butter beans will work in this recipe, too. Also try adding tinned corn and chopped coriander.
About this recipe
First published: August 2010