Soft beef tacos with radish and tomato salsa
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 10 mins
$6.60 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1/2 x 35g packet salt-reduced taco seasoning (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 500g beef rump steak, trimmed
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1/2 small avocado, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, diced
- 8 mini tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- reduced-fat sour cream and lime wedges, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place beef on a plate and sprinkle with seasoning. Heat a greased barbecue plate or chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook beef, turning, for 7–8 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 5 minutes. Slice.
Step 2 Meanwhile, combine tomato, avocado, radishes and capsicum in a small bowl. Season with pepper.
Step 3 Place tortillas on board. Top with lettuce, beef and salsa. Fold to enclose filling. Serve with sour cream and lime wedges.
If you can’t find taco seasoning, use Mexican chilli powder, available in the spice section of major supermarkets.
About this recipe
First published: August 2010