Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 15 mins
$5.90 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 400g thin egg or rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- cooking oil spray
- 9 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g firm tofu, cubed
- 2 large carrots, cut into sticks
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally into 2cm lengths
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups quartered mushrooms
- fresh coriander, to serve
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (optional)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook noodles according to packet directions. Drain and roughly chop. Stir through kecap manis and soy sauce. Set aside.
Step 2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir frequently for a few minutes, until fragrant. Add tofu, carrots and onion. Cook for 2 minutes. Season with pepper to taste.
Step 3 Spray pan with more oil and add cabbage. Cook for 2 minutes. Add noodles and mushrooms and stir-fry for a further 5 minutes. Serve with coriander and cashews, if desired.
About this recipe
First published: August 2010