Semi-dried tomato and ricotta stuffed mushrooms
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 5 mins, cook 20 mins
$4.67 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups fresh low-fat ricotta
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 medium zucchinis, coarsely grated
- 2/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- cooking oil spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 thick slices (35g each) crusty sourdough baguette, to serve
- baby rocket and cherry tomato salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Remove stalks from mushrooms and finely chop. Transfer stalks to a large bowl and add ricotta, egg white, zucchinis, tomatoes, basil and parmesan.
Step 2 Spray both sides of mushrooms with oil. Place mushrooms, cavity-side up, on prepared tray. Divide ricotta mixture between mushroom cavities and drizzle with olive oil.
Step 3 Bake mushrooms for 20 minutes, or until topping is golden and mushrooms are tender. Transfer to plate and serve with salad and crusty bread.
About this recipe
First published: April 2010