Balsamic pork with warm lentil salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 15 mins
$5.79 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 large leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, plus extra to drizzle
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 x 150g pork loin steaks
- 75g baby spinach or baby rocket leaves
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray oil into a large frying pan and place over medium heat. Add leek, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until soft. Add garlic and mushrooms, cooking for a further 5 minutes, until mushrooms are golden.
Step 2 Add lentils and balsamic vinegar to pan, to heat through. Season with ground black pepper and toss to combine. Remove to a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature while you cook pork.
Step 3 Add pork to the same pan and cook for 4 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
Step 4 Toss lentil mixture with rocket or spinach and spoon onto plates. Top with pork and an extra drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Replace the pork with chicken.
- For even more flavour, add quartered baby beets, celery and crumbled feta to the lentil salad.
About this recipe
First published: April 2010