Warm fruit parcels with lemon sorbet
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 5 mins
$2.80 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup (150g) strawberries, topped, halved
- 1 cup (150g) pineapple, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 cup (150g) paw paw, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 cup (150g) rockmelon, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 orange, peeled, segmented, halved
- 4 scoops (280g) Weiss dairy-free fat-free lemon sorbet
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine prepared fruits in a bowl. Tear off 4 x 20cm squares of foil; line with smaller squares of baking paper. Spoon fruit mixture into the centre of each square. Fold foil and baking paper in to enclose filling and make a parcel.
Step 2 Heat barbecue. Place foil parcels on barbecue and cook for 5 minutes or until fruit is hot. Place parcels on serving plates. Serve parcels unopened with a scoop of lemon sorbet, allowing each person to open their own parcel.
Serve as part of this healthy and tasty Father's Day barbie menu:
Entrée: Prawn and scallop skewers
Main: Beef with artichoke and pea salsa
Vegie side dishes: Barbecued asparagus and eggplant and Cumin potatoes with dill sour cream
Dessert: Warm fruit parcels with lemon sorbet
- Try low-fat vanilla ice-cream instead of lemon sorbet.
- Vary the fruits according to what you like or what looks fresh in-store.
About this recipe
First published: September 2009