Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 10 mins
$3.81 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, plus 1 teaspoon extra
- freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 600g skinless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- cooking oil spray
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- choy sum, steamed, to serve
- green onions, chopped, to serve
- 4 cups cooked rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place 2 tablespoons cornflour on a large plate; season with pepper. Lightly coat chicken in cornflour. Place lemon juice, stock, rice wine, honey and extra cornflour in a jug; stir until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
Step 2 Heat a large wok over high heat; spray with oil. Add chicken in batches and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove from wok and set aside.
Step 3 Return wok to high heat; spray with a little more oil. Add onion and ginger; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until golden. Add prepared sauce and simmer for 2–3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Return chicken to wok, simmer for a further 1-2 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
Step 4 Top chicken with green onions. Serve with steamed choy sum and rice.
About this recipe
First published: September 2009