Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 15 mins
$3.27 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- olive oil spray
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 rindless shortcut bacon rashers, diced
- 1 1/2 cups quartered mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus extra to garnish
- 375ml light evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 400g packet tri-colour or fresh egg fettuccine
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 1 cooked chicken breast fillet, cut into 1cm cubes
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a frying pan with oil. Place over medium-low heat. Cook onion and garlic for 1–2 minutes until softened. Add bacon. Cook for 2 minutes. Add mushroom. Cook for 2 minutes.
Step 2 Stir in basil, rosemary, evaporated milk and flour. Bring to a light boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring, for 3–5 minutes until sauce is thickened.
Step 3 Meanwhile, cook fettuccine following packet directions. Drain. Drizzle with a little oil.
Step 4 Add chicken to the pan. Cook for 1–2 minutes. Toss in fettuccine. Cook for 1 minute until heated through. Garnish with extra basil and rosemary.
You save (per serve)
Fat 27g (18g saturated fat)
About this recipe
First published: September 2009