Beef in black bean sauce
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 10 mins, plus 10 mins marinating
$2.80 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Chinese rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 600g rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 cups cooked rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine half the rice wine in a bowl with sesame oil, pepper and 1 teaspoon cornflour. Add beef and toss until evenly coated. Marinate for 10 minutes.
Step 2 Place remaining rice wine and cornflour into a small bowl. Add black bean sauce, stock and sugar and combine until smooth. Set aside.
Step 3 Heat a wok over high heat; spray with oil. Stir-fry beef in batches for 2-3 minutes until browned. Remove and set aside.
Step 4 Return wok to high heat; spray with a little more oil. Add onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until softened. Add capsicum; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Return beef to wok with reserved sauce. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with rice.
About this recipe
First published: September 2009