Beef with artichoke and pea salsa
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 10 mins
$6.84 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 x 150g sirloin steaks
- olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Artichoke and pea salsa
- 100g fresh peas
- 280g can artichokes in brine, drained, roughly chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons baby capers, rinsed, drained
- 250g cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 anchovy fillets (9g), drained, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Make Artichoke and pea salsa: Blanch the peas in a saucepan of boiling water; cool in iced water. Drain and place in a bowl. Add artichoke, onion, capers, tomatoes, anchovy and parsley. Combine well. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
Step 2 Preheat the barbecue. Lightly spray steaks with oil and sprinkle with rosemary. Press in with your hands. Cook steaks on barbecue for 4–5 minutes on each side. Turn only once with tongs (being careful not to puncture with fork or knife).
Step 3 Remove from barbecue and place on a warm plate. Lightly cover with foil and a clean tea towel. Rest for 5 minutes. Serve steak with salsa and lemon wedges.
Serve as part of this healthy and tasty Father's Day barbie menu:
Entrée: Prawn and scallop skewers
Main: Beef with artichoke and pea salsa
Vegie side dishes: Barbecued asparagus and eggplant and Cumin potatoes with dill sour cream
Dessert: Warm fruit parcels with lemon sorbet
- If you prefer, serve steaks sliced thickly.
- Make it vegetarian: Omit the anchovies in the salsa. Add 1/2 cup per person of canned chickpeas to salsa and spoon over grilled sweet potato and potatoes instead of the steak.
About this recipe
First published: September 2009