Salmon potato cakes
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
45 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 25 mins
$3.41 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 450g desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 x 200g cans pink salmon, drained, flaked
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons each of finely chopped fresh chives and flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- olive oil spray
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook potatoes in saucepan of boiling water for 10–12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl and mash.
Step 2 Add peas, salmon, lemon rind, lemon juice, chives, parsley and half the breadcrumbs to the potato. Shape into 8 patties. Coat patties in remaining breadcrumbs.
Step 3 Spray a large frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Cook patties for 4–5 minutes each side or until golden and heated through. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. Serve with lemon wedges and salad.
About this recipe
First published: October 2009