Ponzu vegetable stir-fry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 15 mins
$3.66 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1/4 cup tempura flour
- 300g firm tofu, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 100g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled, cut into sticks
- 115g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 1 small red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Asian greens, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, to serve
- Ponzu sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari (Japanese soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Make Ponzu sauce, combine tamari, lemon juice, rice wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon water in a small jug. Set aside.
Step 2 Place flour on a large plate. Toss tofu in flour to coat. Heat half the oil in a wok over high heat. Cook tofu, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
Step 3 Heat remaining oil over high heat. Add mushrooms, carrot, corn and capsicum to pan. Cook, stirring, for 4–5 minutes or until almost tender. Add Asian greens. Cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until vegies are tender.
Step 4 Add Ponzu sauce and tofu. Toss to coat. Serve vegetable stir-fry with brown rice and sprinkled with chilli.
- If you can’t find tempura flour, use plain or rice flour.
- For a quicker option, use a store-bought stir-fry sauce, rather than making the Ponzu sauce.
About this recipe
First published: October 2009