Please log in to save or rate.
10 (makes 10 slices)
Time to make:
30 mins, plus overnight chilling
$4.10 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 medium orange sweet potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced lengthways
- 2 red capsicums, sliced
- cooking oil spray
- 1 Bakers Delight sourdough Vienna loaf
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat babaganoush dip
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, grated
- 180g cherry tomatoes, halved
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat a large chargrill pan or barbecue. Spray sweet potato, eggplant and capsicum with oil and cook for 3–4 minutes on each side in batches or until tender.
Step 2 Cut top quarter from loaf. Scoop out centre leaving a 2cm thick shell. Spread dip inside and on cut side of top quarter.
Step 3 Combine ricotta, feta and olives. Set aside. Layer half the sweet potato, eggplant, ricotta mixture, red capsicum and carrot into loaf shell in that order. Next, add all the cherry tomatoes. Follow with remaining carrot and capsicum, then ricotta mixture, eggplant and finally sweet potato. Replace top.
Step 4 Wrap tightly in cling film and place on plate. Place a baking tin on top and fill with cans to weight. Place in fridge overnight. Cut into 10 slices to serve using a large serrated bread knife.
About this recipe
First published: October 2009