Maple pork with chilli mixed beans
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 20 mins
$4.36 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 x 150g pork cutlets, trimmed
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 bunches English spinach, trimmed
- 400g can four-bean mix, no-added-salt, drained, rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place maple syrup, mustard and parsley in a small bowl. Add pork. Toss to coat. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook pork, brushing with maple syrup mixture, for 4–5 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
Step 2 Spray a medium saucepan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add spinach, beans and tomato. Cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until spinach has wilted and beans are heated through.
Step 3 Serve pork with chilli mixed beans
- For a cheaper option, use trimmed lamb chops or 12 (400g total) chicken tenderloins.
- For vegetarians, use firm tofu in place of pork.
About this recipe
First published: October 2009