Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, peeled, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 500ml salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 1/5 cups lean cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 3/4 cup cooked pumpkin cubes
- rice and vegetables, to serve
- chopped coriander, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a non-stick pan with oil. Add onion. Cook until browned. Add apple and cook for 2 more minutes. Add curry powder. Stir to combine.
Step 2 Add stock and shredded chicken. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, then add mango chutney and pumpkin. Simmer until thickened.
Step 3 Serve with rice and extra vegetables, such as courgettes. Garnish with fresh coriander.
About this recipe
First published: November 2009