Seafood and coriander patties with chilli dipping sauce
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins, plus 15 mins chilling
$4.03 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 300g firm white fish fillets, such as ling or bream, chopped
- 300g uncooked medium prawns, peeled, deveined, heads and tails removed
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 bunch coriander, stalks and leaves chopped
- 3 green onions, trimmed, chopped
- 2 egg whites
- cooking oil spray
- Dipping sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 red birdseye chilli, finely chopped
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine the fish, prawns, garlic, coriander, onion and egg whites in a food processor and process until combined.
Step 2 Divide mixture into 16 portions. Shape each portion into a patty. Place on prepared tray. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm.
Step 3 Meanwhile, make dipping sauce by combining the mirin, soy sauce and chilli in a serving bowl.
Step 3 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray patties all over with cooking oil. Place 4 patties to pan and cook for about 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a serving platter. Cover with foil. Reheat pan and repeat with remaining patties in batches. Serve fish patties warm with dipping sauce.
This recipe is not suitable for those following a low-sodium diet.
About this recipe
First published: November 2009