Moroccan lamb with orange-walnut couscous
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 10 mins
$4.05 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 8 French-trimmed lamb cutlets
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1 orange, segmented
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a chargrill pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of lamb cutlets with seasoning. Cook lamb, turning, for 6–8 minutes or until cooked as desired.
Step 2 Meanwhile, place couscous into a heatproof bowl. Add ¾ cup boiling water. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork to separate grains.
Step 3 Add parsley, coriander, walnuts, orange segments and rind. Stir to combine. Stand for 1 minute. Serve with cutlets.
Add chopped apricots to couscous for extra flavour. Or use baby spinach instead of couscous and don’t chop herbs.
About this recipe
First published: November 2009