Honey and almond stir-fry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.25 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup honey and soy stir-fry sauce
- 500g skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 250g packet 90-second microwave brown rice
- 500g frozen vegetable mixture
- 1 1/2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry for 8–10 minutes or until browned and almost cooked through. Add 1 tablespoon sauce. Toss to coat.
Step 2 Microwave rice according to packet directions. Add vegies to chicken in wok. Stir-fry for 5–7 minutes. Add rice and remaining sauce and cook until heated through. Serve with almonds.
- Make this dish with egg noodles in place of rice.
- Flavour boost: add chopped garlic in step 1.
About this recipe
First published: May 2009