Baked meatballs with yoghurt sauce
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
40 mins, prep 25 mins, cook 15 mins
$4.56 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 750g extra-lean beef mince
- 1/2 small brown onion, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup dried multigrain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (300g) pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 2cm chunks
- olive oil cooking spray
- 100g baby spinach
- Yoghurt sauce
- 200g tub low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame seed paste)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line one large or two medium baking trays with baking paper. Combine mince, onion, carrot, breadcrumbs, half the parsley and egg. Using clean hands, form into 24 balls.
Step 2 Place onto prepared tray along with pumpkin and zucchini. Lightly spray with oil. Bake in oven for 15–20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the meatballs are cooked through.
Step 3 To make yoghurt sauce, beat yoghurt and tahini in a bowl until smooth. Serve meatballs with sauce, topped with remaining parsley and baby spinach.
For extra taste and fibre, pile mixture onto wholemeal pita bread, roll up, wrap in foil and bake until hot.
About this recipe
First published: May 2009