Full ingredients list:
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 250g instant wholegrain rice
- 100g low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 4 baby red capsicums, diced
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning (we used Masterfoods)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley leaves
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180Â°C. Trim centre stalks of mushrooms and finely chop. Set aside.
Step 2 Prepare rice according to packet directions. Transfer to a bowl. Add cottage cheese, onion, capsicum, tuna, diced mushroom and seasoning. Combine well.
Step 3 Spoon equal amounts of tuna mixture onto each mushroom and press down slightly. Transfer to an ovenproof dish sprayed with olive oil cooking spray. Spoon 4 tablespoons hot water into dish, at base of mushrooms.
Step 4 Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Serve sprinkled with parsley and a mixed green salad.
About this recipe
First published: March 2009