Italian-style gnocchi bake
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.68 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 purchased barbecue chicken
- 2 x 375g packets fresh potato gnocchi
- 575g bottle flavoured Italian tomato sauce of choice (we used Leggo's Calabrese)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup ricotta
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Remove chicken meat from the carcass. Discard skin and bones. Roughly chop 400g of chicken meat. Use remaining chicken meat for sandwiches.
Step 2 Combine chicken, gnocchi, tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons water and basil in a large bowl. Spoon into a large ovenproof dish. Sprinkle cheese over gnocchi mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is golden and the bake is heated through. Sprinkle with basil leaves and serve.
About this recipe
First published: March 2009