Steak Diane and vegies
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
40 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 30 mins
$3.06 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 10 small chat potatoes (500g), quartered
- olive oil spray
- 4 x 140g beef fillet steaks
- 2 teaspoons table spread
- 2 small eschalots (French shallots), finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g mushroom cups, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup light cooking cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- steamed vegetables, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place potatoes onto a baking tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and tender.
Step 2 Spray a large frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add steaks. Cook for 3–4 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes.
Step 3 Reheat same pan over medium heat. Cook table spread until foaming. Add eschalots, garlic and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
Step 4 Add Worcestershire sauce, mustard and cream. Bring to the boil. Cook for 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Season with pepper. Stir in parsley (if using). Serve steaks with sauce, potato and steamed vegetables.
Traditional version (per serve)
Total energy 2320kJ
Total fat 35g (19g saturated)
HFG version (per serve)
Total energy 1970kJ
Total fat 15g (6g saturated fat)
About this recipe
First published: June 2009