Moroccan quinoa and vegetable soup
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
45 mins, prep 5 mins, cook 40 mins
$1.41 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled, diced
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 head of broccoli (320g), cut into florets
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped (optional)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat oil in a large, deep saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and carrot. Cook for 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in Moroccan seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Add stock, 7 cups water and quinoa. Bring to the boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until quinoa is tender and translucent.
Step 2 Add zucchini, broccoli and chickpeas. Simmer for 3 minutes or until vegies are tender. Serve topped with a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkled with parsley.
- Try 1 cup of risoni pasta instead of quinoa.
- If you’re following a low-sodium diet, use water in place of vegetable stock.
About this recipe
First published: June 2009