Seafood stew with gremolata
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
55 mins, prep 25 mins, cook 30 mins
$5.20 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- olive oil spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, washed, halved, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- pinch saffron strands
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 600g fresh marinara mix
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Make Gremolata: combine lemon rind, parsley and mint in a small bowl. Set aside.
Step 2 Spray a saucepan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and leek. Cook 5–6 minutes. Add garlic, chilli, paprika, saffron and bay leaves. Cook for 1 minute.
Step 3 Add wine and cook for 1–2 minutes. Add tomatoes and 1 cup of water. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Step 4 Add seafood and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until seafood is just cooked. Ladle into serving bowls. Top with gremolata and serve with crusty bread.
About this recipe
First published: July 2009