Stir-fried beef and beans with noodles
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$5.15 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 200g dried rice stick noodles
- 400g rump steak, trimmed, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 250g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place oyster sauce, soy sauce, sherry, chicken stock and sugar into a small bowl. Stir well to dissolve sugar. Set aside.
Step 2 Place noodles into a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes. Rinse under cold running water. Drain.
Step 3 Heat half the oil in a wok over high heat. Add beef and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to bowl. Set aside. Add remaining oil to wok. Add onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add beans. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add beef, noodles and sauce. Combine and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Step 4 Stir through the basil. Divide between bowls and serve.
For a more authentic flavour, try using Thai basil instead.
About this recipe
First published: January 2009