Full ingredients list:
- 250g packet long-grain 90-second microwave rice (we used SunRice)
- 400g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced and rind finely grated
- 1 tablespoon capers, roughly chopped
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- 4 cups salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook rice following packet directions. Allow to cool.
Step 2 In a large bowl, combine rice, tuna, green onions, lemon rind, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, capers and egg. Stir until well combined. Form mixture into 4 patties. Place onto a plate and refrigerate until required.
Step 3 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray tuna patties with olive oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until light golden and heated through.
Step 4 Put base of hamburger buns onto 4 serving plates. Top with a lettuce leaf, slices of tomato, tuna patty and a dollop of sauce. Top with bun lids. Serve with salad.
About this recipe
First published: February 2009