Full ingredients list:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 450g chicken mince
- 1/3 cup 97% fat-free semi-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 125g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/3 cup grated light tasty cheese
- 16 sheets filo pastry
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 large avocado, stone and skin removed
- 1/4 cup extra light sour cream
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200Â°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add onion and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken mince and cook, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes or until browned and liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes, corn, beans and cheese.
Step 2 Place 1 sheet of filo onto a flat surface. Spray with olive oil and cover with another sheet of filo. Fold in half, short end to short end (so it almost makes a square). Spoon 2/3 cupfuls of mince mixture onto short edge, leaving a 5cm border on each side. Fold sides over filling and roll pastry. Place rolls onto prepared tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is golden and crisp.
Step 3 Place avocado and sour cream into a bowl. Mash well with a fork. Serve with filo rolls.
To reduce fat content, leave out the avocado.
About this recipe
First published: February 2009