Full ingredients list:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely diced
- 1 green capsicum, seeded, finely diced
- 3 teaspoons Spanish spice rub (see tip)
- 500g lean beef mince
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 250g packet long-grain 90-second microwave rice
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- lemon wedges, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat olive oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, red and green capsicum. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until soft. Stir in spice rub. Add mince and cook, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes or until browned.
Step 2 Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
Step 3 Divide between 4 bowls and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges and a large green salad.
We used Table of Plenty Spanish Spice Rub, which can be found in the spice aisle of supermarkets.
About this recipe
First published: February 2009