Thai chicken and glass noodle salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 5-10 mins
$3.70 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- olive oil spray
- 200g vermicelli noodles
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks or grated
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Thai dressing
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Make Thai dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl or a jar. Set aside.
Step 2 Preheat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Spray chicken with olive oil. Cook for 2–3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside to cool, then roughly chop.
Step 3 Meanwhile, soak noodles in hot water according to packet directions. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with chopped chicken, vegetables, coriander, sesame seeds and dressing. Serve immediately.
About this recipe
First published: December 2009