Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
23 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 8 mins
$7.97 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 500g trimmed scotch fillet
- olive oil spray
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 240g baby cos lettuce, shredded
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 1 large green capsicum, sliced
- 3/4 cup medium-hot salsa, to serve
- 4 slices multi-grain bread, to serve
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup extra-light sour cream
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat a barbecue to medium-high. Spray steak with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin seeds. Cook steak for 3–4 minutes on each side, or to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil and a clean tea towel. Rest for 5–10 minutes.
Step 2 To make dressing, whisk together all ingredients in a bowl.
Step 3 Toss lettuce with beans, tomato, cucumber and capsicum. Thinly slice steak and arrange on salad. Drizzle with dressing and serve with salsa and bread.
About this recipe
First published: December 2009