Honey soy chicken with cashews
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 10 mins
$2.21 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 3 skinless (600g total) chicken breasts, cut into strips
- olive oil spray
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cashews, crushed
- steamed rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Steam carrots for three minutes until tender. Set aside.
Step 2 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil, then brown chicken over medium-high heat.
Step 3 Add honey and soy sauce to chicken, then stir in carrots. Cook for 2 minutes.
Step 4 Sprinkle with cashews. Serve with rice and if desired, garnish with parsley.
- Swap the chicken for firm, silken tofu.
- For a flavour boost, add Asian greens in step 1 and ginger or garlic in step 2.
About this recipe
First published: December 2009