Juicy steak with crunchy chips
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 20 mins
$5.52 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 500g sweet potato, very thinly sliced
- olive oil spray
- 4 x 150g eye fillet steaks
- 200g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 3 sticks celery, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-fat salad dressing of choice
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Arrange sweet potato in a single layer onto trays. Spray with olive oil. Roast, on top 2 shelves of oven, for 15 minutes or until crisp and golden.
Step 2 Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Spray steaks with olive oil. Cook steaks for 3–4 minutes on each side for medium rare or until cooked to your liking.
Step 3 Put green beans into a bowl. Cover with boiling water and stand for 1–2 minutes or until bright green and tender. Drain and rinse. Transfer to a bowl. Add celery, cucumber and nuts. Add dressing. Toss until combined. Serve salad with steaks and sweet potato.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free salad dressing.
About this recipe
First published: August 2009