Saucy chick 'n' veg bake
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
45 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 25 mins
$1.54 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1kg potatoes, peeled, diced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- 1/4 cup skim milk, hot
- 1/4 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning (or dried mixed herbs)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 150g cooked, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 slices lean ham, diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray an ovenproof dish with oil.
Step 2 Boil potatoes in a pot of water until tender. Mash with spread, milk and seasoning until smooth.
Step 3 Microwave or steam peas and corn until tender. Drain and add to potatoes. Add chicken, ham and green onion. Combine.
Step 4 Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Level surface with a knife. Top with cheese and bake for 25 minutes until lightly golden. Serve with a green salad.
About this recipe
First published: April 2009