Combination fried rice
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
40 mins, prep 25 mins, cook 15 mins
$3.25 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 500g Sunrice Brown Medium Grain 90second Rice or 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium green capsicum, diced
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 2 cups (300g) frozen shrimps or prawns, thawed
- 1 skinless chicken breast, cooked, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander or parsley, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Boil peas in a saucepan of water. Drain. Set aside. Cook rice according to packet directions.
Step 2 Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add capsicum, onion and cucumber. Stir-fry for 3–4 minutes. Add shrimp or prawns and chicken. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
Step 3 Add eggs. Cook, stirring, until lightly scrambled. Add rice, peas, soy sauce and black pepper. Stir-fry until combined. Serve topped with coriander or parsley.
About this recipe
First published: April 2009