Full ingredients list:
- 700g pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 375ml can Light & Creamy Coconut Flavoured Evaporated Milk
- fresh coriander, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place pumpkin into a baking dish and spray with oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
Step 2 Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and curry paste. Cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes. Add chickpeas and a litre of water. Bring to the boil.
Step 3 Stir in evaporated milk and pumpkin. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Purée using a hand blender. Serve garnished with coriander.
Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Mandy Curle (via email)
Mandy says: "The Thai Gourmet brand is gluten-free and has no added oil, so all up it's not too unhealthy."
About this recipe
First published: September 2008