Full ingredients list:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely diced
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground paprika
- 4 x 125g pork loin cutlets (or pork loin medallions), trimmed of any excess fat
- 75g baby rocket
- 400g can brown lentils, drained
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Brush a non-stick frying pan with half the oil and heat over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add garlic, cumin and 1 teaspoon of the paprika. Cook for 1 minute.
Step 2 Add 1/4 cup water and stir to combine. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Step 3 Meanwhile, sprinkle pork with remaining paprika. Brush another non-stick frying pan with remaining oil and heat over medium heat. Add pork and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
Step 4 Stir lentils and rocket into vegetable mixture over low heat until heated through. Serve with pork cutlets and yoghurt.
About this recipe
First published: September 2008