Full ingredients list:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown or raw sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable (or olive) oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup LSA (ground linseed, sunflower, almond)
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 1/3 cups self-raising flour (gluten-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Lemon frosting (optional)
- 50g light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-reduced dairy spread
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- 2 cups icing sugar (gluten-free)
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 28x20cm lamington tin with baking paper.
Step 2 Combine eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla and LSA meal in a bowl. Add carrot, flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices and mix well.
Step 3 Pour mixture into tin. Bake for 45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Step 4 To make frosting, place all ingredients into a bowl. Beat until smooth. Evenly spread over cold cake. Cut into squares. Serve.
Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Gabrielle Moneg (QLD)
Gabrielle says: "It's a great way to use up carrots from the fridge."
About this recipe
First published: September 2008