Chicken, shiitake and Chinese broccoli stir-fry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$6.21 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 200g rice stick noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 400g skinless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, cut in thin matchsticks
- 150g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 200g green beans, trimmed, cut in 4cm lengths
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli, leaves and stalks separated, sliced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine soy and hoisin sauces in a small bowl. Set aside. Place noodles in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside to soak for 5 minutes. Drain well.
Step 2 Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a wok or frying pan over a high heat. Cook chicken in batches for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove from wok and set aside.
Step 3 Return wok to a high heat. Add remaining oil, onion and ginger. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add beans and broccoli. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
Step 4 Return chicken to wok with broccoli, noodles and combined sauces. Toss until everything is coated and leaves are just wilted. Serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Use tamari instead of soy sauce, and gluten-free barbecue sauce instead of hoisin.
About this recipe
First published: September 2008