Full ingredients list:
- 400g orecchiette or pipe rigate pasta
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained
- rind of 1 large lemon, finely grated, plus 3 tablespoons juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, plus extra to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water according to packet instructions.
Step 2 Meanwhile, heat chickpeas and tomatoes in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Stir in tuna and heat through for 2 minutes.
Step 3 Drain pasta. Return to pan off heat. Toss well with tuna mix, rind, juice, oil and thyme. Serve topped with extra thyme.
About this recipe
First published: October 2008