Full ingredients list:
- olive oil spray
- 4 chicken breast fillets, halved into 8 thin fillets
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas or cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 lemon wedges, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. When hot, spray with oil. Season chicken with pepper, then cook in batches for 1-2 minutes each side until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
Step 2 Heat chickpeas and 2 tablespoons of water in a frying pan over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, lemon zest and juice. Cook for 2 minutes or until tomatoes are just soft. Remove from heat and stir in half the parsley.
Step 3 Spoon bean mixture onto plates. Top with 2 pieces of chicken. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve with a lemon wedge.
About this recipe
First published: October 2008