Chicken and vegetable souvlaki
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
10 mins, plus 1 hr marinating
$2.45 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, cut into 2cm dice
- 1 small green capsicum, deseeded, cut into 2cm dice
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- large green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and oregano in a large non-metallic bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Step 2 Thread chicken, capsicums and onion alternately on skewers. Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan on medium high.
Step 3 Chargrill skewers for 4-6 minutes (2-3 minutes each side), or until lightly charred and cooked through. Serve with a green salad.
About this recipe
First published: November 2008