Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 400g beef rump steak, trimmed of fat and sliced across the grain
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 375ml can 98.5% fat-free evaporated coconut milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 115g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 4 cups steamed jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray beef with oil. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add beef and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until brown. Add the onion and capsicum and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in curry paste. Reduce heat to low.
Step 2 Combine the coconut milk and stock and add to pan. Bring to a simmer (do not boil). Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add corn and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
Step 3 Spoon steamed rice into bowls. Top with curry and sprinkle with coriander to serve.
- If you prefer very spicy food, substitute red curry paste for the green variety.
- For a milder version of this Thai dish, opt for yellow curry paste.
About this recipe
First published: May 2008