Full ingredients list:
- 300g diced lamb, dice cut in half
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- cooking oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 3 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine lamb and onion in a bowl. Spray with oil. Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add lamb mixture and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
Step 2 Add garlic, ginger, curry powder and cinnamon, and stir to combine. Add rice and stir until combined. Add stock, stir and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
Step 3 Remove from heat. Stir in peas, cover and stand for 5 minutes. Divide between bowls. Top with parsley and serve with yoghurt.
You can substitute chicken, beef or even fish for the lamb in this fragrant Indian dish.
About this recipe
First published: May 2008