Barbecued haloumi with salsa verde and chickpea salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.30 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 200g haloumi cheese, sliced
- olive oil spray
- Chickpea salad
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 50g mixed salad leaves
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 For the salsa verde, process herbs, mustard, capers and vinegar in a small food processor until finely chopped. Add oil and process again to combine. Remove from food processor, stir and set aside.
Step 2 For the salad, combine chickpeas, capsicum, onions and salad leaves. Whisk together oil and vinegar and toss through salad.
Step 3 Heat barbecue. Spray haloumi slices on both sides with olive oil and barbecue for 1 minute each side or until golden. Divide salad between plates. Top with haloumi and salsa verde and serve immediately.
Haloumi is high in sodium so if you are on a low-salt diet, make this dish an occasional treat.
About this recipe
First published: March 2008