Baked fish with cucumber salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$7.30 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat spread
- 4 (about 200g each) boned and skinned white fish fillets
- 8 (about 70g each) boiled potatoes
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, rinsed
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Cut 4 pieces of baking paper into 30x30cm squares. In a bowl, combine herbs, juice and spread until you have a paste.
Step 2 Place each piece of fish onto a square of baking paper. Spread with herb paste, then fold up to seal. Place parcels onto a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until fish is cooked.
Step 3 Combine cucumber, capers, onion and dill. Whisk oil with vinegar, then toss through salad. Serve with fish and potatoes.
Perch and ling are ideal fish choices.
About this recipe
First published: March 2008