Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 4 cups cooked pumpkin, mashed (the flesh of a 1kg butternut pumpkin)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded tasty cheese
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking oil. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Step 2 Add capsicum and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic and spices and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl.
Step 3 Add pumpkin, corn, eggs, yoghurt and half the cheese. Mix well. Spoon into a 7-cup capacity baking dish. Smooth surface. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and sunflower seeds. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 15 minutes or until golden.
Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Liz Hare (Albury, NSW)
Liz says: "This is a tasty side for grilled and barbecued meats."
About this recipe
First published: June 2008