Full ingredients list:
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 250g lean pork mince
- 250g lean chicken mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 8 medium iceberg lettuce leaves, trimmed using kitchen scissors
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat a wok over medium heat. Add sesame seeds and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds or until toasted. Transfer to a plate.
Step 2 Combine minces, garlic and ginger in a bowl. Spray with oil. Heat a wok or large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mince and stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until changed in colour. Add sauces and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes or until well combined and hot. Remove from heat. Stir in sprouts and onion.
Step 3 Fill lettuce leaves with mince mixture. Sprinkle over sesame seeds and serve.
Instead of the chicken mince, try the same quantity of peeled green prawns and add with the sauces.
About this recipe
First published: January 2008