Paprika chicken and four-bean salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.20 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 tablespoon smoky paprika
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets, fat-trimmed
- cooking oil spray
- 400g can four-bean mix (Edgell brand), rinsed, drained
- 60g baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup freesh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place spices on a plate. Spray chicken with oil. Press into spice mixture to evenly coat all over.
Step 2 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for about 4 minutes each side or until brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside to rest.
Step 3 Combine beans, spinach, onion and parsley in a bowl. Shred chicken and add to bowl along with juice and garlic. Toss to combine. Spoon among serving bowls and serve.
For a change, try this recipe with lean pork fillets. Instead of shredding, cut into thin slices before adding to bean and spinach mix.
About this recipe
First published: January 2008