Sausages with beetroot, feta and almond salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.09 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 850g can whole baby beets, drained
- 125g mixed baby salad greens
- 80g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup low-fat salad dressing
- 8 reduced-fat beef sausages
- crusty bread, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Line a large plate with paper towel and place beetroot on top. Cover with more paper towel and pat dry. Cut beetroot into quarters.
Step 2 Divide salad greens between 4 plates. Top each with crumbled feta, beetroot and flaked almonds.
Step 3 Heat a barbecue on medium heat. Pierce sausages with a fork and then cook on hotplate for 5 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Serve 2 sausages per plate. Drizzle dressing over salad. Serve with bread.
About this recipe
First published: December 2008